With the 4th of July just around the bend, it’s time to get out the red, white and blue and, of course, Sunsational Stamps! Today I’m using the Patriotic Puppy digital stamp in another Triple Panel Standing Card. Here’s a look at my finished card:
Last month I made a similar card, but used a plain circle in the center. I liked the result so much I decided to try it again with a shaped center by tracing around the image in my Silhouette design screen. This is what the cut file looks like after I sized it.
To create the mats, I made a compound path of the cut file above. Doing this converts the score/dotted lines to solid lines. This enables me to use the Internal Offset 1/8″ and 1/4″ to create the mats. Here’s what that looks like:
I used Stampin’ Up’s Real Red and Whisper White card stocks and Candy Box Digital Patriotic patterned paper. The edges of all the printed mats were sponged with Brilliant Blue (retired SU) to cover those ugly white edges.
I print and cut the dog twice; on the second I fussy cut just the head and flag as I wanted to attach it with an action wobble spring. I colored him with Copic markers and accented with Wink of Stella on the stars and Nuvo Drops in black for the nose and eyes; highlight with a white gel pen. Here’s a closer look:
I made a simple sentiment, playing off the Patriotic pup image. The back of the card looked rather plain, so I put a single mat of another patterned paper from the same kit.
I know many dog-loving friends who would appreciate receiving this card for the 4th; but he’s cute and he makes me smile so I’m not sure I can part with it!
Before I leave you, I want to remind you about Sunsational Stamp’s month challenge. This month the theme is Summer Fun. How about getting creative and join us over on the Sunsational Stamps Facebook Challenge Page.
And here are the rules:
- You can choose to make any paper crafts/ altered art creation you like as long as it fits the challenge theme.
- You can enter a maximum of 3 times as long as it fits in with the theme and is a new creation.
- Using a Sunsational Stamps image will gain you extra entries into the prize drawing. Please name your images In your post.
- All entries must be new, please do not link creations that have been posted prior to the day the of the current challenge.
- You must mention and make a link to our challenge on your blog/website to be eligible to win the prize
- It is OK to link other online forums.
- You are allowed to combine challenges.
- If you don’t have a blog you can link your photo from your Facebook account.
- All entries to be linked before 8am EST, 1pm UK time, 2pm CET on Wednesday Jun 30th.
- The most important thing is that you have fun making your creations.
- There will be prizes and the winners will be chosen at random from all the entries.
- We are looking forward to seeing all your entries.
You can find link up or find additional details by checking out the Sunsational Stamps blog. Look for the challenge on the right sidebar.
I’m also entering this card in the: