Our challenge with The Cutting Cafe is to use any cut file or printable of our choosing from the store. Wow, what a job that was! There are so many files from which to choose! Since Thanksgiving is coming up next month, I decided to narrow my search to that. I finally selected this Happy Thanksgiving Printable Set. Turns out it was in a $.99 Cent Special section.
And here’s what I did with it!
I’m very happy with the finished card! Especially since I had no clear idea of what I wanted to do. Here’s a recap of how I meandered from the start to the finish of this card.
- Using Photoshop Elements, I colored the words in beautiful autumn hues and dry embossed it with the Square Lattice embossing folder.
- I traced the Happy Thanksgiving in my Silhouette…what a job that was. I also created two Internal Offsets and cut the letters in three coordinating cardstocks. Then I cut them and layered them on the printed greeting. Here’s a closer look at that:
3. I matted the panel on the same three colors of cardstock. I realized once I did that I created an odd-sized piece, so my only option was to place it on a long card and add triple-matted panels on either side. They looked too empty, so I looked through my stash and found these wooden leaves:
4. As a final touch, I coated the center greeting with clear Wink of Stella and added copper Nuvo Drops randomly.
5. Just a simple sentiment for the inside, but to jazz it up a bit I created internal offsets, changing them to print only after I color-matched it to the mats and increased the line thickness to 1.0.