Welcome to the:
Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique. We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas.
- January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing
- February-So Sketchy
- March-no hop this month
- April-Stamp Set Showdown
- May-World of Watercolor
- June-Basic Card Folds
- July-Bleaching Your Card
- August-World of Watercolor
- September-Inlaid & Lifted Die Cuts
- October-Waterfall Cards
Our amazing sponsor this month is Jodie Park of Close to My Heart
Please take a moment to check out her store here.
And the awesome prize this month is:
We really appreciate feedback, so please leave a comment on each of the blogs in the hop today. The winner will be announced on Sunday, November 26, 2017, on A Piece of (my) Heart’s blog, so be sure to check her blog on Sunday. The winner will have until December 14, 2017, to claim their prize.
You should have arrived here from my talented friend, Sharon’s, blog. If you’re visiting here first, you might want to start at the beginning so you don’t miss a thing and increase your chances of winning by commenting on each blog.
Inspired by a video I saw on Jennifer McGuire’s Blog, my first card uses a coordinating stamp and die. I don’t know about you, but there are times when I find my personal experience with techniques is not nearly the smooth sailing I see on videos. Such was the case with this card, but I wasn’t going to let it get the best of me. Then again, maybe it did; but I still finished it.
My first mistake was to use the wrong adhesive backed”masking” paper. That’s what I reached for, but I pulled out “Stick It” which is designed to be used on the back of intricate die cuts…not intended to be removed. But that didn’t matter because I forged ahead with die cutting and it wasn’t until I was done that I realized had the adhesive facing up…thus, the reverse of what it should have been to coordinate with the stamps…grrr!
When I got to the point where I was sponging with Delicata White Shimmer Ink., despite the fact this was a new ink pad, it was so dry it was a real chore getting the ink onto the paper. Even more difficult was getting the green ink to show on the shimmer ink. Thankfully I used the Misti as I stamped at least five times and it’s still very light. But worse…I didn’t think when selecting the stamp set which happened to be red rubber rather than photopolymer. Let me share it’s almost impossible to line up a stamp through solid rubber.
Finally, I got to the point where I wanted to die cut the greeting. At this point in the project, I opted for the word “prayers” rather than the “hello” I originally intended…I should have said prayers before starting!! A bit of stamping on vellum to complete the greeting.
This card was made using Molotow Fluid as my masking medium on the cacti while doing the ink layering. This is time-consuming as you have to allow the fluid to dry fully before working on it. In my case, I let it sit overnight. Although I used Staz-On, the found the fluid caused the ink to bleed slightly.
I made another card using the same masking fluid and ink layering I’m sharing with you today because I was really happy with the end result.
And this card shows yet another way to use the masking fluid. Here I covered the image with fluid so I could sponge around him in blue.
Now you’re off to visit with Wilma, who will delight you with her projects! Hope you had fun and thanks for stopping by. See you next month with another great technique!
Don’t get lost! Here’s the full line-up: