This month at Miss Kate Cuttables we’re having a color challenge! We’re creating projects using red, white and pink as our main colors. All the colors perfect for Valentine’s Day, the day to celebrate love! And speaking of love, you’re going to love the Freebie you can get at Miss Kate Cuttables.
As you can see, I wanted the heart to be offset for something a little different. To do this in my Silhouette Design Studio:
- I created an 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ rectangle and placed the heart at the right edge on a slight angle.
- I played with the amount of offset I wanted which in this case is 3/4″.
- Next, I slid the rectangle 3/4″ to the left.
- To compensate for the offset, I reduced the width of the card to 7″ by moving the two left points to the right. At the same time, I created a score line at 3 1/2″. So I now have my card base and the heart aligned exactly as I want them.
- To cut the opening in the front to accommodate the heart, I created an offset of the heart at .040…just a bit larger than the heart. I then selected Divide in the Modify window and removed the excess pieces of the card base and heart
- I created the top mat/panel, I created an internal offset of .125
In the event that sounds as clear as mud, here’s a diagram.
I embossed the mat using the Swiss Dots embossing folder. I coated the entire top of the heart with clear Nuvo Drops. Not really liking that last step as I lost some of the detail of the flourish. But it took so long to do, I just had to use it. Here’s a look at the card, opened:
I love all the layers in the Valentine and Be Mine titles. Here’s a better look at that, too:
Last year our Febrary challenge was Hearts. Here’s the card I made using the cute little Monkey on a Vine.
So now it’s your turn
to enter the challenge at Miss Kate’s Facebook Group. The requirements for the challenge are to follow the theme of the month and use a Miss Kate Cuttable’s file in your creation, including any/all freebies you have. The challenge will run from this evening through the 4th Monday of each month. Winners will be announced, in the group, Friday the end of the challenge week. Remember this month’s it’s a Color Challenge-Red/White/Pink! Good luck!