Well, here’s some news for you. I’m now a member of The Cutting Cafe Design Team. It seems like I’ve come full circle. When I started using an e-cutter, which was the Wishblade at that point, my first projects were made with The Cutting Cafe’s files and I learned so much from their design team members. I often speak of Kreative Korner by Kelly, she was one of the designers and always made time to answer my questions when working with these files was new to me.
I’ve come a long way since then and so has the The Cutting Cafe. They now have a sister site, The Cutting Cafe Shop chock full of stamps, kits and supplies; including custom clear stamps. They have a YouTube Channel and a Facebook Page in addition to their Blog and various boards on Pinterest.
I like the way Regina sets up her design team assignments. She gives us the files with which she wants us to work several weeks in advance. We make our projects and post to our own blogs. Regina then takes pictures from each of us and posts a compilation on The Cutting Cafe blog on the 7th and 21st of each month. This way you get to see each design team member’s project…it gives you all sorts of inspiration in one post.
I wanted to make a peek-a-boo card with the little bug inside. To create the front panel, I created an offset of the jar as I wanted the opening slightly larger. This was you can see the jar, itself, through the window as well. I typed the greeting, using text to path, with the Dragline BTN font and color matched it to the Garden Green card stock I used for the card base and leaves.
I cut the little cover for the jar (which is just one of the many pieces to this cut file) using the Flower Pot DSP from Stampin’ Up. Baker’s Twine was wrapped twice around cover and tied a little knot which gives it a homespun feel. The Cutting Cafe has many options I could have used for the little flowers. I opted to use the cute flowers from the Surfboard Shaped Card Shape for the front corner of the card. Pearls were placed in the center, colored with Copic markers. I cut an extra jar cover in white to place on the inside to cover the dimensionals used to attach the cover to the front.
Now for the inside of the card, where we meet the cute bug. I printed him from the Cute Critters Printable Stamp Set (he’s just one of many in the set) and placed him inside the jar. The jar was converted from a cut file to print only and I made the lines thicker (1.0). For interest, I added a few extra lines in the jar. Here’s a closer look at our bug:
I colored him with Copic markers and then coated him with Glossy Accents. I found the sentiment on the Internet and thought it would be perfect for this card. Another little flower in the corner as an accent and the card is finished.
The Cutting Cafe’s Blog will be sharing all the design team projects in a post on March 7th. Be sure to pop over to get lots of great ideas on what you can do with both the files we’re featuring. She will also be announcing the other new design team members in this post!
This card has been entered in the following challenges:
- Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers-Green With Envy Challenge
- Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge-Green
- Come and Get It Challenges-Cards for Kids
- Pile It On!-#128 Humor/Puns